Jeep Grand Cherokee WK Hidden Winch Mount also compatible with Jeep Commander XK
- Standard: Winch Mount with-out Shackle Tabs. Purchase this if you have factory tow hooks or different recovery points.
- Deluxe: Winch Mount with 3/4" Thick Shackle Tabs constructed from Grade-50 Steel Plate and welded all around the winch mount and the bunny years which mount to the side of the vehicle frame rails
- Premium: Winch Mount with 3/4" Shackle Tabs and 2" Receiver welded underneath the plate
LOWER 48 STATES: $45
ALASKA & HAWAII: $152
INTERNATIONAL: PLEASE MESSAGE US FOR A CUSTOM QUOTE.
Our WK / XK Hidden WInch Mount Fits all models and bumpers from 2005 to 2010 including diesels (CRD). If you are a CRD Diesel WK owner, you're probably asking yourself how is that possible? We have done plenty of research from the V6 models, V8 HEMI to the CRD Diesel models. We've taken all measurements necessary and designed the winch plate to mount in front of the Diesel inter-cooler. The 2005 - 2007 model bumpers are 1" narrower than the 2008 to 2010 bumpers. With this in mind, we designed our winch plate with the ability to mount for all model years. We got this!
- 1/4" Steel plate all-around designed as heavy duty with reinforcements for heavy vertical and horizontal loads, mounts under the frame rail and onto the side frame rail with the provided hardware and backing plates.
- Winch plate replaces the 16-gauge sgeet-metal box in front of the condensor / radiator.
- Available with or with-out shackle tabs.
- Winch plate designed specifically to be compatible with all years and bumpers on V6, V8 Hemi and Diesel engines
- Mounts to your vehicle using ten bolts; 5 Bolts on each side (three bolts under frame rail, 2 bolts on side of frame rail). All required hardware included.
- Bolt on Kit mounts behind your factory bumper cover (bumper fascia) - Retains factory look. Requires simple cutting of plastic bumper to allow room for steel plate (see photos). We cut our bumper using a dremel tool and provide samples of the cuts in the installation instructions.
- Easy installation can be done by anyone with basic power tool skills.
- Hand Made in the U.S.A. in our shop
- Does not restrict air-flow to your radiator like other winch mounts
- Does not extend the front end of your Jeep
- The 1/4" Steel Plate Winch Mount will replace the thin sheet metal box on front of your radiator. You are required to cut this box out using a power cutting tool such as a sawzall. This part is also known as cross-member, might also be also known as frame rails.
- Winch and fairlead NOT INCLUDED
- Package includes (1) Winch Mount, (2) frame-rail backing plates, (2) hood support bracket extensions, (10) Grade-8 Serrated Flange Nuts and Bolts.
- We will email you a PDF Installation Instruction Manual so you can use it on your phone or tablet with full color photos and detailed installation.
- Winch mount, mounting plates and hood support mounts all arrive bare steel.
- 3/4" thick, solid steel shackle tabs welded thoroughly and all around to the to winch mount reaching all the way back and welded to the frame rail mounts. If you pull from our shackle tabs, you're pulling from your frame rails.
- Constructed of A572 Grade-50 Steel
- Solid flat-towing points. Shackle tab holes mount 7/8" pins
The Shackle Tab is constructed of 3/4" thick x 7" length Grade-50 Steel and is welded to the 1/4" plate all around. The shackle tab has a 7/8" hole for 3/4" Rated D-Ring Shackles with 7/8" pins. These are the same shackle tabs we use on all our recovery points.
Grade 50 is a high strength, low alloy steel that finds its best application where there is need for more strength per unit of weight. Less of this material is needed to fulfill given strength requirements than is necessary with regular carbon steels.
Grade 50 is used in general plate applications when the plate will be riveted, bolted, or welded. Grade 50 is a Columbium-Vanadium steel that offers a minimum yield of 50,000 PSI. In addition, ASTM A572 Grade 50 is noted for its increased resistance to atmospheric corrosion. Grade 50 contains more alloying elements than plain carbon steel and thus is somewhat more difficult to form. Grade 50 is more difficult to cold work, but can be successfully bent or shaped but requires more force than plain carbon steel. Our shackle tabs are heated to a minimum of 150 degrees Fahrenheit prior to welding.
ASTM A572 Grade 50 is considered a "workhorse" grade and is widely used in many applications. Steel mills produce channel and heavy beams with Grade 50. It is commonly used in structural applications, heavy construction equipment, building structures, heavy duty anchoring systems, truck frames, poles, liners, conveyors, boom sections, structural steel shapes, and applications that require high strength per weight ratio.