Our radiator skid plate is called "The GateKeeper" because it acts as a gate between the rocks and your radiator support bar/radiator. The GateKeeper III is a variation of the original design with-out the 1.5" bars. Compatible with HK Overland and Krawler Bumpers, Hidden Winch Mounts and/or as a stand alone skid plate for your radiators core support. You know...that thin piece of sheet metal you bent while Offroad, the thing your radiator sits on... yeah that thing.
- The skid plate is constructed from 1/4" x 4" plate which runs across from left to right and curves up and bolts to bumper plate with two 3/8" x 1" Grade-8 bolts on each side.
- Heavy duty design built to take a beating against the rocks
- Compatible with HK Offroad Bumpers, winch mounts and stand alone. Not compatible behind plastic bumper fascia. If you would like to modify it to mount to a different bumper, it can be done as long as your current bumper has a flat bottom plate - see photos
- Comes fully primered and painted ready to install.
- Grade-8 Serrated-Flang Nuts and Bolts Included
Through testing and banging on a few rocks we came to learn that the radiator support bar on the WJ is made of bread. Literally, thin sheet metal which can be damaged and moved by the slightest impact. We have redesigned our radiator skid plate a few times since our Overland Bumper release in December and have finally come to a design that is satisfactory and actually serves a purpose.
With our bumpers providing the perfect approach angle and strong mounting points, which reach all the way back near the sway bar bolts, it was imperative the radiator skid plate served a purpose as equal to the bumper.
The actual skid plate which covers the bottom of the radiator support bar is made of 1/4" steel plate by 4" wide. The plate bends around and up the radiator support bar to reach our bumper and it mounts to the bumper. This mounting supports the underside of the skid plate for impacts where the Jeep falls from an obstacle onto an object such as a rock.
The GateKeeper III weighs approximately 20 pounds.
California Proposition 65
California law requires businesses to provide a clear and reasonable warning to customers purchasing products in the state of California before knowingly or intentionally exposing a person to a listed chemical.
This warning is required when a business is aware of or believes one or more chemicals is present in their products. HK Offroad is therefore providing this warning because these chemicals may be present in our products.
For more information, click here.