Glissade - Heavy Duty Rocker Replacement Sliders (WJ)
Earlier this month we had posted up about redesigning out rock sliders and going with thinner wall thickness. After taking a 4 lb sledgehammer to .120 wall thickness tube we've decided that's just a bad idea. We are sticking with original design and any plans of redesign has been canceled. Rock sliders are now available to order and lead time is about 30 days. We remain Heavy Duty!!! Let's play.
Glissade - Heavy Duty Rocker Replacement Sliders for the Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ (1999 - 2004).
- Can be installed at home, in your driveway with an extra pair of hands and proper tools such as an impact drill (NOT impact wrench) and angle grinder.
- Constructed from 2" x 6" x .180 Wall Rectangle Tubes with tapered rounded corners (no boxy look)
- Ends Tapered up 33 degrees and in 45 degrees towards the body
- Increases ground clearance by 1"
- True flat bottom sliders with no obstruction
- Used as Sliders and Steps
- High-lift jacking points on both ends
- Mounting system: Mounts to frame rails with three 1" x 2" x .120 wall tube brackets welded to the sliders, using twelve self tapping hex screws and across unibody using two cold roll steel bars to sandwich the unibody with ten grade-8 nuts and bolts.
- Cutting of the outer rocker panel is required. You do NOT cut the unibody pinch seam nor does the slider mount to it. If your pinch seam is destroyed, it's OK, you don't need it.
- Detailed instructions provided via YouTube Video
- All required hardware included
- Arrives fully primered and painted ready to install